PRINCIPAL SOFTWARE ENGINEER (JOB ID #1062)
Are you a Java software engineer who has a strong understanding of High Performance Computing with experience in core Java? If you have a strong background as a Principal or Senior Software Engineer with solid Java skills and are interested in working in cutting edge, low latency financial trading systems, read on. Neeve Research is a company that was founded on the belief that memory-oriented computing is a revolution that is going to fundamentally change enterprise computing. Neeve specializes in memory-oriented transaction processing. Its flagship product, X Platform, is a next generation application platform that enables zero-plumbing, zero-garbage and memory-oriented transaction processing applications that exhibit extreme performance characteristics.
Capitalizing on its success, Neeve is expanding and looking for engineers to be part of this revolution. You will be an essential member of the Neeve financial services team. You will be working closely with a smart, passionate hand picked team in an agile and fun environment. You will have your hand in design, architecture, implementation and evangelization. You will be working closely with Neeve’s top tier financial services clients to help and educate them in building the next generation of equity trading and other HPC applications powered by the X Platform. You will serve as the technical nexus between the Neeve field and factory defining and building features in the core X Platform to help better serve customer requirements. You will work with other team members to build application prototypes, applications and tools for distributed testing, latency measurement and performance monitoring.
Positions are available in the New York City Area and the San Francisco Bay Area.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
A successful candidate will have a Masters degree or equivalent experience in computer science/engineering or in a related field combined with 10+ years of experience. Significant software development experience is required. In particular we are looking for candidates who have worked on message oriented distributed applications.
- Expert level skills in programming high performance Java code
- 'Down to the metal' understanding of Java performance including deep understanding of sockets (NIO/Direct Buffers/multicast), threading (synchronization/context switching/thread handoff cost), garbage collection, disk I/O, and OS interaction
- Experience in developing low latency applications in Java
- Firm understanding of messaging internals: queuing vs. pub/sub and their tradeoffs with respect to performance
- Experience with messaging middleware (Solace/JMS/29 West)
- Experience developing multi-threaded transactional applications
Experience working in the financial industry is a plus