The Persistence of Memory: Time Series Databases
Sponsored by Neeve Research
THURSDAY, MAY 11, 2017 | 6:30 - 8:30pm
A time series is a series of observations captured over a period of time (e.g. stock quotes, sensor data, or any other time-stamped data source). With the growth of sensors deployed for IoT solutions, ingesting, processing and storing time series data is a key requirement in enabling scalable, flexible, secure, and efficient solutions.
This month, we’ll hear from Ajay Kulkarni, Founder/CEO of TimescaleDB, an open source time-series database engineered from PostgreSQL, optimized for fast ingest and complex queries. Ajay will be addressing considerations for high-volume, complex data- including how to achieve both scale and efficient complex queries when storing time-series data.
We’ll also be joined by Amit Tikoo, Architect at Neeve Research with an introduction showing how easy it is to write micro apps / micro services that can be written quickly and dropped in to operate on IoT streams.
- 6:30 - 6:50pm: Food, drink, discussion
- 6:50 - 7:10pm: Welcome, topic intro, member announcements & asks [Linda Drabik, Founder/Organizer, IoT NY meetup]
- 7:10 - 7:25pm Exactly Once Streams for Real-Time IoT [Amit Tikoo, Architect, Neeve Research]
- 7:25 - 8:15pm: Time-series database discussion [Ajay Kulkarni, Founder/CEO, TimescaleDB]
- 8:15 - 8:30pm: Networking and event wraps up